Monday, January 13, 2014

Nelson Mandela

The South African leader Nelson Mandela was one of the most important political subjects acting against the process of discrimination brought by the apartheid in South Africa, and he has become an international icon in the defense of humanitarian causes. I chose him because I have seen many of his speeches and I could realize how he talked with confidence and persuasion. Once he said, “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language that goes to his heart”. That sentence shows us how he was always seeking to reach and win people over with his humility and intelligence. He was also very clear and put his words with determination and it is what I would like to incorporate into my own speaking style.




No comments:

Post a Comment